My business spends at least $3m per year on Google and Facebook ads.
We currently have:
* Chase Business Ink (1x after first $150k/yr)
* American Express Business Gold (1x after first $150k/yr)
* American Express Business Platinum. (1.5x on charges over $5k up to $1m/yr; 1x after that)
Three options I’ve come across:
* More Amex Business Gold Cards. This would theoretically be the most lucrative option, but from what I’ve read you can only open a new one every 90 days. While I may pursue this option for the long run, there will still be a significant amount of money at 1x throughout the next couple years.
* BoA Business Advantage Travel Rewards Card + Platinum Honors Preferred Rewards. This card offers unlimited 1.5x points on all purchases + a 75% boost by maintaining at least $100k in a business bank account, which isn’t a problem. That is 2.62 points per dollar spent, which can be applied to statements at 1 cent per point, thus 2.62% cash back. While cash back isn’t directly taxable, since we are a business, when the cash back is applied as a credit against purchases, it will decrease our expenses, increase profit, and increase taxes. After tax these are worth 1.7 cents per dollar compared to non cash back redemption methods.
* Capital One Spark Pro for 2% unlimited cash back. I’m including this as a fallback cashback option since the BoA offer seems too good to be true and I know other advertisers using this card. (worth 1.3 centers per dollar for the same reason listed previously)
Do you have any other card suggestions?
If not, which of these options are best?
For the gold card option, am I able to get more cards under the same business and name? How do I go about doing this? Just hitting the normal apply for a card option? Seems strange that I can have multiple of the same cards with the same business name and individual name on them.
* * Current credit cards:
* *Chase Business Ink $XX,XXX limit, 2017*
* *American Express Business Gold $XX,XXX limit, 2018*
* *American Express Business Platinum $XX,XXX limit, 2021*
* * FICO Scores with source (see note on FICO score sources below):
* I don’t know the business credit score. Assume it’s the highest it could be.
* * Oldest credit card account age with you as primary name on the account:
* *2017 (business)*
* * Number of personal credit cards approved for in the past 6 months:
* *1 (business)*
* * Number of personal credit cards approved for in the past 12 months:
* *1 (business)*
* * Number of personal credit cards approved for in the past 24 months:
* *1 (business)*
* * Annual income $: *(Approximations are fine. Accuracy is most important if your income is under $20k. See what counts as income below.)*
* *Prefer not to disclose*
* * OK with category-specific cards?:
* * OK with rotating category cards?:
* * Estimate average monthly spend in the categories below. Only include what you can pay by credit card.
* * Dining $: irrelevant amount
* * Groceries $: irrelevant amount
* * Gas $: irrelevant amount
* * Travel $: irrelevant amount
* * Do you plan on using this card abroad for a significant length of time (e.g. study abroad, digital nomad, expat)?: No
* * Other categories or stores with significant, regular spend: Facebook/Google Ads $3m/yr
* * Current member of Amazon Prime, Costco, Sam’s Club?: Amazon Prime/Costco
* * Current member of Chase, US Bank or any other big bank?: Wells Fargo
* * Active US military?: No
* * Are you open to Business Cards?: *Yes*
* * What’s the purpose of your next card?: *Accumulating maximum return from Ad Spend*
* * If looking for a rewards card, do you prefer cash back or travel points/miles? Either
* * Do you have any cards you’ve been looking at?
* Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards + Opening $100k business to become Platinum Honors Preferred Rewards = 2.62%
* Capital One Spark Cash = 2%
* More Amex Business Gold