I graduated college last year and got a job in March this year. I received pre-approval offers for both the Chase Freedom Unlimited and Chase Sapphire Preferred cards recently. I went with the CSP for that SUB and got approved with a $5,000 credit line along with the other in-branch offers last week. Today I got another pre-approval offer for the Chase Freedom Flex in the mail. Now greed is taking over me. And I need someone to stop me from ruining my credit or tell me to go big and go for it.
Now that I have the CSP, and pre-approval offers for both the CFU and CFF, I have an impulse to complete the Chase trifecta, which I planned to do eventually. Has someone tried something similar before? I heard if you apply for two Chase cards in a day, there is a chance they might only do one hard pull, but I don’t know how common that is. Also, I checked the CFU offer in my Chase app, and it’s still there, and I got the CFF offer today so I assume it is still fresh.
Should I apply for both the CFU and CFF? Only one? Or I should calm down and wait at least 6 more months for another credit card?
Also can someone tell me I will receive pre-approval offers again? Because I got pre-approved for the Citi Double Cash Back card 4 years ago, didn’t use it, and haven’t received that offer ever again. So that is also contributing to my impulse to use up my pre-approval offers this time around, especially for cards I really want to have.
* * Current credit cards:
* Discover it Cash Back: $4,500 limit, opened on 12/19/2018
* Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards: $900 limit, opened on 10/19/2019
* Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards: $1,300 limit, opened on 10/20/2020
* Chase Sapphire Preferred: $5,000 limit, opened on 7/15/2021
* * FICO Scores : Experian 722, Transunion 712
* * Oldest credit card account age with you as primary name on the account: 2 years, 6 months
* * Number of personal credit cards approved for in the past 6 months: 1
* * Number of personal credit cards approved for in the past 12 months: 2
* * Number of personal credit cards approved for in the past 24 months: 3
* * Annual income: $55,000
* * Debt: $870 (Capital card, 0 APR for now) + $4,472 (Upstart loan)
* * I have a checking account with Chase since 2016